About Me

My photo
Approved instructor for Retired P. O.& LEOSA .Pa & NJ Approved instructor for NJ CCW. Also approved instructor for the following states non-resident CCW De, Fl, & Md. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, & RSO with over 25 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission, NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Monday, June 1, 2015

The Four D's

I came across this information many years ago.  It was written by one of the foremost, experienced  and respected firearms instructors in the business.  The individual that I am speaking of is Mr. John Farnam, owner and chief executive officer of Defense Training International.  I hope to some day take one of his advance combat pistol classes.  I have had, and been blessed, to have had the opportunity to be able to train with some of the other top firearms professional in our business but it would be in my opinion the paragon of the of my training to be able to meet him and to train with him!  

Just so no body get their b....'s twisted in their shorts, Mr Farnam did not take the credit for the information that I am passing along here.  He plainly stated that the information was pasted on to him by a friend who's name escapes me.

This information is critical in a Deadly Force encounter.  It works hand to hand with the OODA LOOP, tactics that were first present by Ret. Col. USAF, John Boyd.

If you carried a gun especially in the direct relationship to your occupation, a PROFESSIONAL, or if you consider yourself to be a skillful well disciplined and responsible armed citizen then you need to understand how this information will contribute to being able to PREVAIL in that type of Deadly Encounter.  I hope you noticed that I said PREVAIL and not survive.  There is a big difference!

THE FOUR D'S

These four principal must be apply if you find yourself in that worst nightmare!

1. Divide your opponent's Focus!
2. Disrupt his Plan!
3. Disable his Body!
4. Destroy his will to Fight!  

Hope you find this informative, and add it to your little bag of tricks!
Thanks for stopping in.


No comments:

Post a Comment