About Me

My photo
Aproved instuctor for N.J. & Pa. for the Retired LEO Programs. Approved instructor for both Florida & Delaware. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, & Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, with over 20 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission (D.C.J.), NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Glock Gen 5

Hi folks, well as I mentioned in the previous post I actually had the opportunity to run some rounds through the new Glock Gen 5, 19.  I fired about 50 rounds through a brand new gun, that except for the test firing that takes place at the factory, had never be shot.  The target I used was an NRA 5.5" bullseye target.  I started out at about 4 yards and fired 10 rounds with my sights set center on the X ring.  All 10 shots fired made a nice clean 3/4 of an inch hole about 1.5" low left.   That was a little surprising because my experience with most Glocks is that they generally print a little high left.  I fired the remaining rounds at various distances out until about the 15 yard line and the same results stayed consistent.  When I held the sights slightly high and right at 2 o'clock the X ring began seeing some day light.  To verify that this was just not me I had two other shooter fire the gun and they got the same results.  The way this gun printed may just be something that is relevant to this particular gun and not a problem in general.  I will keep my eye out!   

I found this gun pleasant to shoot as I do with most of my Glock pistols.  The absent of the finger groves did not to seem to make a difference to me.  I have no problems with the finger grooves on Glock pistols as my hand generally fits very nice with most models.  The new 5.5 trigger seemed smooth and responsive.  The beveled mag well was a nice addition and did make for a smoother and faster reload.  

To some it up even though the gun has been drastically redesigned, mostly in the internal parts of the gun, it is still a Glock and my favorite pistol.  

The only things that I would have liked to see on this new model would have been a slide with front cut serrations and a set of good metal sights, preferably a fiber optic front with plain black rear.  I think that a slight smooth cut under the trigger guard would have really been nice and that these additional few features would have enhanced the appearance and function on this new model.   I think with all the hype about this new generation pistol, why not go really big.  But, again that is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions!  

No comments:

Post a Comment