About Me

My photo
Approved instructor for Retired P. O.& LEOSA .Pa & NJ Approved instructor for NJ CCW. Also approved instructor for the following states non-resident CCW De, Fl, & Md. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, & RSO with over 25 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission, NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Glock 17 Gen 5

On Thursday I had the opportunity to fire the new Gen 5, Glock 17.  When I took it out of the box and was inspecting it to make sure that it was clear and safe, I noticed that the rear sight was drifted off center to the right,  I wondered why this gun that had just came in and had not ever been shot, except for it being test fired at the factory had the rear sight in that position.  I kind of more or less had a feeling as to why it was in this location.  In my previous post I mentioned that the new Gen 5, 19 that I had shot was shooting a little low left.  So, I proceeded to the range to run some rounds through it.  Not being too surprised the gun pretty much shot true to aim from 4' out 15'.  Picture Attached.  I suspect that the rear sight had been positioned this way because if it was position dead center the shots would have strung left of center.


Everyone that knows me knows that I am a Glock shooter and supporter so I am not bashing the new Gen 5, but when they say that this is the ultimate Glock and that the new barrel is a Matched Grade Barrel, I would have expected a little better performance from it.  All in all both guns shot really well as I would have expected from them.  Not one failure to feed and fire.  They both went bang when you pressed the trigger this being the most important factor.  The guns more or less did not seem to enhance my grip and the 5.5 trigger didn't seem any different then the 5.5 that I have on all my Gen 3's.  I may think of getting one down the road, but right now I am pretty much happy with my Gen 3's

No comments:

Post a Comment