About Me

My photo
Aproved instuctor for N.J. & Pa. for the Retired LEO Programs. Approved instructor for both Florida & Delaware. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, & Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, with over 20 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission (D.C.J.), NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Recent Training Day

Hi folks, yesterday I attended the first day of a three day IALEFI Master Instructor class.  Thanks to my former training administrator Captain Mike Boyle who was nice enough to invite me to the event.  This event was held at our training center, NJF&W.  It was great getting back there to do some handgun exercises.  I initially had plans on attending the full three days but due to somethings that were out of my control that's not going to happen.  I am still trying to work something out so that I might be able to get there  on Wed. for a few hours of the rifle class.  Definitely will miss the shotgun class.  I'm pissed because I really love the shotgun.  That is on the agenda for today.  Yesterday was an all day venue for use of the handgun in CQB.  This class was designed to test your ability and skills in very uncomfortable shooting positions.  To say the least, my old body paid the price, but it was well worth the effort.  The instructor for this venue was Numa J Landry, formerly with the Alexandria, Va. P.D.  He now has his own training company, Dynamic Defense Tactic, LLP.  He is an excellent instructor and provided an excellent learning experience.  Remember, when you go to a class you are there to learn.  Training is what you do on your own once you have practiced and understand the skills learned.  I have previously attended two IALEFI Master Instructor three day classes.  I recommend them highly to all L.E. Firearms Instructors. 


                                                    




                                                   
                                                                                                        




                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment