About Me

My photo
Aproved instuctor for N.J. & Pa. for the Retired LEO Programs. Approved instructor for both Florida & Delaware. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, & Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, with over 20 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission (D.C.J.), NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 27, 2015


Great day out on the range today!  Beautiful weather, shooting with one of best friends and in general just having a really good time.  Shot a drill that I shoot pretty often when out at USANA, the 5, 10, 15, and 20 yard drill.  First shot this drill at a shooting school down in North Carolina.  The name of the school is Trigger Time.  Generally you would use a standard IDPA or FBI Q target that incorporates an 8" A zone hit area.  I like using a 6x12" steel plate target.  Those of you who know me know that I like shooting steel!   This drill is designed to enhance your ability to distinguish between time and distance as it relates to accuracy if you are involved in a confrontation.  Only hits count!  Shooting too fast and missing does nothing to solve the problem.  It just makes you more vulnerable for a longer period,  Not a good thing.  You need to end it as soon as possible and that can only be done with good solid hits place in that high center of the chest area, ( this size target represents that area).  

The real reason for this post is not about my shooting skills.  It more about what I prefer in the way of equipment, HINT!  Those of you who know and shoot with me know that I am a die heart when it comes to equipment.  So I ask you this?  Does anyone see something that is out of place!  besides the old guy on the range. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment