About Me

My photo
Aproved instuctor for N.J. & Pa. for the Retired LEO Programs. Approved instructor for both Florida & Delaware. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, & Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, with over 20 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission (D.C.J.), NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 22, 2015


GLOCK 43

Sweet shooting 9mm, and it's a GLOCK!  I finally had the opportunity to shoot this latest edition to the GLOCK line of handguns.  The 43 was easy and pleasant to shoot, but most of all it was reliable and very accurate out to 25 yards.  The only thing that I would change on this gun is, I would install a set of after market sights, fiber optics front with a plan black wide notched rear.   I just described the Dave Sevigny sights made by Scott Warren.  I have this same sight package installed on all of my GLOCKS.

I have to mention that it is my opinion that this should not be someones first gun purchase.  This gun is a pleasure to shoot if you are an experienced shooter.  A GLOCK 19 would be a much better choice to hone and develop your skills if you choice is to eventually have a GLOCK for self defense.  The mid size 19 is a better choice for developing that all important master firing grip and even more important at developing the smooth consistent trigger manipulation that is needed to hit your target accurately.  The larger gun will also be a lot better for working on the basic gun skills that you should possess for being efficient which will contribute to your effectiveness at neutralizing a hostile threat.

As most new shooters find out fairly quick, the small guns are less desirable to shoot when you need to put time on the range behind the gun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment