About Me

My photo
Approved instructor for Retired P. O.& LEOSA .Pa & NJ Approved instructor for NJ CCW. Also approved instructor for the following states non-resident CCW De, Fl, & Md. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, & RSO with over 25 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission, NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Friday, March 20, 2015

Glock 43....Single Stack 9mm


Hi Folks, 

                  It has been awhile since I have penned a post so I figured, that since there is something out there that has gotten my attention, I would share my thoughts about it.  I also thought that before every swinging D...  jumped on it I would get ahead of all the chatter.  

As you can probably guess from the picture above it is in regard to Glock introducing it's first single stack compact 9mm pistol the model 43.  

I, like my of my colleague's in the firearms training world have been waiting for this to happen for a long time.  If you have taken any of my training classes or have shared time at the range with me, you know that I am what you would call a Glock Guy.   It wasn't always that way until back in the late nineties that I grew a liking an affection for this simple but extremely effective tool.  It is as they say "PERFECTION".   GOFF PROOF!

When I was fortunate to be involved with the New Jersey Division of Fish & Wildlife, a Deputy Conservation Officer, the Glock Pistol was my primary duty gun for both uniform and non-uniformed purposes.  We utilized The Glock in both the 357 Sig, 125 gr. round and then in the 9mm, in the 115 gr. +P+ load.  After intensive testing we discovered that both of these rounds had the potential of defeating the level 3A vests that we wore.  Not a good thing!  So we then went to the Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P load.  Very effective load when you put it where it belongs.  Remember, no matter what gun or caliber you are carrying, "ONLY HITS COUNT".  You need to put them in that 8" circle on the high chest area.  

My friends an colleagues will confirm that when I have a gun on it is a Glock and most likely in the 9mm  flavor.  I own every 9mm that Glock makes an will generally have the model 19 in my holster.  I have said many times that I believe that model to be one of the best choices for concealed carry and general purpose use.  One of the best combat handguns out there. Why?  Here are a few of the reasons;
1. Reliable, it goes bang when you press the trigger.
2. Accurate,  will print tight groups if you know             how to shoot!
3. Powerful, the 9mm defensive loads are leaps and       bounds of what they were previously.
4. Fit, feels comfortable in most shooters hands.  If       not go down in size to the 26 or up in size to the 17.
    And now you have another option, the 43
5. Plenty of rounds, one in the pipe and 15 ready to       go in the mag.  If you can't handle the problem           with 16 rounds then the problem will most likely       handle you.
    A good rule of thumb is to always have a fully             loaded spare mag on you, preferably carried in a       good mag pouch.

OK, enough said about the 19.  Lets get back to what this post is about.  That being the new model 43, single stack 9mm.  It is designed to be lighter and more concealable then the 26 and the 19.  Taking that into consideration, you do give up the advantage of having more rounds available and that is why it is imperative that if you decide to carry the 43 that you definitely have that spare mag with you at all times.  

I have not had the opportunity to fire one yet, but I would assume that it will have all the inherited advantages of the Glock Pistol System.  

I have held off buying a 42 in the 380 ACP caliber.  I am not and have never been a big advocate of that particular caliber and a lot of the guns that were designed to fire it, with the exception of the Sig p230.  Now, I will be the first one to tell you that because of the advances that have recently taken place not only with the ammo, but also with the design of the guns that are out there today I have a little more respect for that caliber.  Again, that rule that applies is hitting something significant.  "ONLY HITS COUNT".  You need to put them in that 8" circle on the high chest area.  It is even more important when you downgrade your power factor in defensive handgun rounds.

I figured it would only be a matter of time before Glock introduced the single stack 9.  They have done it before with the 45 ACP, the model 36.  the Glock 43 will be a nice solution to carrying concealed in the warmer weather.  Confidence comes in knowing that you have a have a handful of bad news in a nice small package.  

COVER YOUR 6 / AND STAY SAFE!    
   


No comments:

Post a Comment