About Me

My photo
Approved instructor for Retired P. O.& LEOSA .Pa & NJ Approved instructor for NJ CCW. Also approved instructor for the following states non-resident CCW De, Fl, & Md. Retired Deputy Conservation Officer, N. J. Division of Fish & Wildlife, Bureau of Law Enforcement. Certified Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor; Handgun, Shotgun, Patrol Rifle, Certified Tactical Shooting Instructor, & RSO with over 25 years of experience. Certified by N.J.Police Training Commission, NRA Law Enforcement Division,& NRA Civilian Instructor Division. For information regarding Training Courses, Contact me @ 215 416 0750 or e-mail me @ rotac2@gmail.com

Friday, May 10, 2024

Hi everyone, just checking in.  I was at the range yesterday and qualified three RPO's for their CCW permits.  All three are very good friends of mine and are all retired New Jersey State Troopers.  Two of them are going to continue to carry under the New Jersey standard and one elected to go with the federal mandate LEOSA which was signed into law way back in 2004, and updated twice, 2010 and 2013.  Just to mention, LEOSA is the Law of the Land and that has been decided through many court decisions.  As Retired law enforcement officers, they are able to carry in all 50 states providing they meet all the standards set by the federal law.  There are different standards for New Jersey RPO's depending on which of the two laws they elect to carry a firearm under.

I have been doing their qualifications since they all retired, and they have all been carrying Glock pistols.  Yesterday however, one of them showed up with a Sig Sauer P365.  I said to myself this will be an excellent opportunity to get a chance to handle and fire this pistol, which I did.  I have to say that I did not fire enough rounds through this pistol to give a fair evaluation so that is not what this is about.  I just wanted to get a feel for it in hand, test the trigger, and check for its point of aim/point of impact.  Fired it at a steel silhouette from about 10 yards.  Not a bad little pistol, and that's coming from a Glock guy.  I would not trade in my Glock 26 for one, but then again did not trade in my G26 for a Glock 43 either.  It was only the second time that the owner of that pistol shot this pistol and he shot some impressive scores on both the HQC2 and the HNQC mandated COF.  

Well, that's it for now!  Be back soon!   

STAY SAFE and ALWAYS COVER YOUR 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment